Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Belgian Waffles

I got this recipe from BYU magazine. It is by Kelsey Nixon of "Kelsey's Essentials" on the cooking channel. I just LOVE waffles and this is a really good basic recipe.

1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs (separated)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled (I used Smart Balance Spread)
1 cup flour (I used half white and half wheat flour--no one will know!)
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon

    Preheat waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl, (save your stand mixer for the egg whites below) whisk together the buttermilk, egg yolks, vanilla, and butter until thoroughly combined. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir into the buttermilk mixture.
    In another bowl, whip the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff. Fold into the batter.
    Spoon waffle batter onto the hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown. Serve with fruit or try the buttermilk syrup recipe below!

No comments:

Post a Comment