Monday, March 14, 2011

Sopapilla Cheesecake


My step-brother Steven sent me this recipe a few weeks ago and I finally made it tonight. Wow. Think cheesecake stuffed cinnamon rolls. Heavenly. This turned out so well and was very easy to make! Yeah, this is definitely a keeper! Thanks Steven!!

Sopapilla Cheesecake

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (I used lowfat)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls (I used reduced fat)
1/2 cup sugar
1-2  teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, room temperature (I used Smart Balance)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
3. Unroll one can of crescent roll dough and line the bottom of the 9x13 inch pan. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough, then cover with the remaining can of crescent dough. Dot the butter over the top of the cheesecake. Stir together 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly on top.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown, about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment